Total views : 567
A Framework for Evaluating Project Managers' Performance-Identification and Analysis of KPIs in Subway Construction Projects in Tehran
One of the major issues for project management in a project environment such as subway construction project in Tehran, is the poor project management performance analysis. PM’s performance plays a major role in the success of construction projects and the identification of proper Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) can lead the project to success. In spite of advances in project management, these indicators have not yet been identified for subway construction projects. This paper reports a research study that identifies the KPIs in Tehran subway construction projects and investigates their use as a tool for evaluating the project manager’s performance.
Key Performance Indicators, Performance Evaluation, Project Management, Subway, Tehran.
- Kerzner H. Project Management Metrics, KPIs and Dashboards. New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons; 2011.
- Yousefi A, Ghanbaripour AN. Proceeding ICTTE, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 2015, 2 (11):461–8.
- Forcada N. Experiences of Success in Industrial Plant Projects. Revista Ingeniera de Construction. 2008; 23(1):82–9.
- PMI Project Management Institute. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK Guide). 5th ed. Four Campus Boulevard, Newtown Square: Project Management Institute; 2013.
- Khoshalan H. Torabi SR, Maleki D. RAM Analysis of Hydraulic System of Earth Pressure Balance Tunnel Boring Machine. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(28):623–31.
- Mir F, Pinnington A. Exploring the value of project management: Linking Project Management Performance and Project Success. International Journal of Project Management. 2014; 32(2):202–217.
- Rehman AU, Usmani YS, Al-Ahmari AMA. A study to assess significance of project management performance: assessment model in applied projects. International Journal of Applied Systemic Studies. 2012 Jun; 4 (3):87–94.
- Fortune J, White D. Framing of project critical success factors by a systems model. International Journal of Project Management. 2006 May; 24(1):53–65.
- Maylor H. Beyond the Gantt chart: project management moving on. European Management Journal. 2001 Oct; 19(1):92–100.
- Chan APC, Chan DWM, Ho KSK. Partnering in construction: critical study of problems for implementation. Journal of Management in Engineering. 2003 Jul; 19(3):126–35.
- Bourne M, Mills J, Wilcox M, Neely A, Platts K. Designing, implementing and updating performance measurement systems. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 2000; 20(7):754–771.
- Westerveld E. The Project Excellence Model®: linking success criteria and critical success factors. International Journal of Project Management. 2003; 21(6):411–8.
- Bryde DJ. Modelling project management performance. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management. 2003; 20(2):229–54.
- Toor S, Ogulana O. Beyond the ‘iron triangle’: Stakeholder perception of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for large-scale public sector development projects. 2009.
- Jugdev K, Muller R. A retrospective look at our evolving understanding of project success. Project Management Journal. 2009; 36(4):19–31.
- Abdulhamid M, Latiff M, Madni H, Oluwafemi O. A Survey of League Championship Algorithm: Prospects and Challenges. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(13):1562–9.
- Rauniar R, Rawski G. Organizational structuring and project team structuring in integrated product development project. Int J Prod Econ. 2012; 135(2):939–52.
- Amgad B. The impact of Project Management (PM) and Benefits Management (BM) practices on project success: Towards developing a project benefits governance framework. International Journal of Project Management. 2015.
- Cox R, Issa R, Ahrens D. Management’s Perception of Key Performance Indicators for Construction. J Constr Eng Manage. 2003; 129(2):142–51.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.