Total views : 532
9/7 IWT Domain Data Hiding in Image using Adaptive and Non Adaptive Methods
Background/Objectives: The advancement of information exchange through internet has made it easy to transfer the exact information faster to the destination. Exchange the information safely to the destination with no alterations, there are many approaches like Cryptography, Steganography and Watermarking. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Steganography is a method of hiding a secret data in other cover medium. Digital Images are popular for cover medium than other because of their frequent use on the internet. In this paper a transform domain steganography with 9/7 Integer Wavelet Transform (IWT) is proposed. A pixel adaptive embedding method using LSB (Least Significant Bit) method is employed to increase the security of the secret data embedded in the a cover medium. Graph Theory is used to select the coefficients randomly for embedding the secret messages. Findings: It is found that the proposed method provides good security and high capacity. This algorithm can be applicable for all kinds of secret communications. Finally Results are compared with 5/3 IWT. Applications/Improvements: This method can be applied for all the secret communication applications especially Defence, Telemedicine, etc. This proposed method developed further in terms of robust against various steganalysis tools.
Adaptive Embedding, Data Hiding, IWT, Steganography, Security
- Bender W, Gruhl D, Morimoto N, Lu A. Techniques for data hiding. IBM System Journal. 1996; 35(3&4):313–36.
- Katzenbeisser S, Petitcolas FAP. Information Hiding Techniques for Steganography and Digital Watermarking. Norwood, MA: Artech House; 2000. p. 239.
- Cheddad A, Condell J, Curran K, Mc Kevitt P. Digital image steganography: Survey and analysis of current methods. Signal Processing. 2010; 90(3):727–52.
- Atawneh S, Almomani A, Sumari P. Steganography in digital images: Common approaches and tools. IETE Technical Review. 2013; 30(4):344-58.
- Schneier B. Applied Cryptography Protocols, Algorithm and Source Code in C. 2nd edition. India: Wiley; 2007.
- Praveenkumar P, Amirtharajan R, Thenmozhi K, Rayappan JBB. Pixel scattering matrix formalism for image encryption - A key scheduled substitution and diffusion approach. AEU - International Journal of Electronics and Communications. 2015; 69(2):562-72.
- Kim I, Kwon C-H, Lee W. New watermarking technique using data matrix and encryption keys. Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology. 2012; 7(4):646-51.
- Chan CK, Chen LM. Hiding data in images by simple LSB substitution. Pattern Recognition. 2004; 37(3):469–74.
- Yang CH, Weng CY, Tso H-T, Wang S-J. A data hiding scheme using the varieties of pixel-value differencing in multimedia images. The Journal of Systems and Software. 2011; 84(4):669-78.
- Amirtharajan R, Rayappan JBB. An intelligent chaotic embedding approach to enhance stego-image quality. Information Sciences. 2012; 193:115–24.
- Thanikaiselvan V, Arulmozhivarman P, Amirtharajan R, Balaguru Rayappan JB. Horse riding and hiding in image for data guarding. Procedia Engineering. 2012; 30:36-44.
- Song X, Wang S, Niu X. An integer DCT and affine transformation based image steganography method. Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing (IIH-MSP); Piraeus. 2012:102-5.
- Chen PY, Lin H-J. A DWT based approach for image steganography. International Journal of Applied Science and Engineering. 2006; 4(3):275-90.
- Adams MD. Reversible integer-to-integer wavelet transforms for image coding. The Vancouver: University of British Columbia; 2002.
- Calderbank AR, Daubechies I, Sweldens W, Yeo BL. Wavelet transforms that map integers to integers. Applied and Computational Harmonics Analysis. 1998; 5(3):332–69.
- Yang H, Sun X, Sun G. A high-capacity image data hiding scheme using adaptive LSB substitution. Radio Engineering Journal. 2009; 18(4):509-16.
- Yang CH, Weng CY, Wang SJ, Sun HM. Adaptive data hiding in edge areas of images with spatial LSB domain systems. IEEE Transformations on Information Forensics and Security. 2008; 3(3):488–97.
- Thanikaiselvan V, Arulmozhivarman P, Chakrabarty S, Agarwal A, Subashanthini S, Amirtharajan R. Comparative analysis of (5/3) and haar IWT based steganography. Information Technology Journal. 2014; 13(16):2534-43.
- Safy ROEI, Zayed HH, EI Dessouki A. An adaptive steganographic technique based on Integer Wavelet Transform. International Conference on Networking and Media Convergence (ICNM’09); Cairo. 2009. p. 111-17.
- Peng F, Li X, Yang B. Adaptive reversible data hiding scheme based on integer transform. Signal Processing. 2012; 92(1):54-62.
- Thanikaiselvan V, Arulmozhivarman P. High security image steganography using iwt and graph theory. Proceedings of International Conference on Signal and Image Processing Applications (ICSIPA); Melaka, Malaysia. 2013. p. 337-42.
- Ramalingam M, Isa NAM. A Steganography approach over video images to improve security. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1):79-86.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.