Total views : 362
16-Bit Fast Addition Computation using Domino Logic
Objectives: A 16-bit carry look ahead adder is implemented in domino CMOS logic is presented in this paper. The proposed work comprises of two separate 8-bit carry chains. Statistical Analysis: This is evaluated using TANNER EDA tool. The schematics are drawn in s-edit, netlists are generated using T-spice and the waveforms are verified using waveform viewer or w-edit. Layouts can also be created using SDL (Schematic Drawn Layout), by importing netlist in L-edit. Findings: Due to the split carry chains in the adder, the speed of computation is increased, at the cost of area, when compared with ordinary carry look ahead adder. As we know that the use of domino logic reduces the power consumption, but as switching occurs many times power consumption is increased, that is the switching power of the system is increased. Applications: In VLSI system reducing the multipliers and increasing the adders is the main factor, thus in place of those adders if this split carry adders are used, the speed will be increased further.
Domino Logic, Fast Addition, 16-bit Carry Look Ahead Adder, Split Carry, Tanner EDA.
- Weinberger Z, Smith JL. A logic for high speed addition. Reprinted from Nar Bur Stand Circ. 1958; 591:3–12.
- Jain N, Gour P, Shrman P. A high speed low power adder in multi output domino logic. International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering and Technology (IJSRET); 2014 Nov. p. 1–3.
- Chan PK, Martine DF, Schlag S. Analysis and design of CMOS Manchester adders with variable carry-skip. IEEE Transaction on Computers. 1990 Aug; 39(8):983–92.
- Ling H. High-speed Binary Adder. IBM 1. RES DEVELOP. 1981 May; 25(3):156–66.
- Hossain R. An introduction to domino logic. Cambridge University Press; 2010 Nov. p. 1–10.
- Anusha S, Shanmugapriya TR. A comparative study of high speed CMOS adders using Microwind and FPG. INDJST. 2015 Sep; 8(22).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.