Total views : 161
A Correlated Study between Time and Cost in Accordance with Fuzzy Logic
Objectives: To optimize the duration of the project using fuzzy mathematical model. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this, a case study is scheduled, and cost estimation is done. Scheduling is done using Microsoft Project (MSP), Critical Path Method (CPM) and Line of Balance (LOB). The efficiency of both the scheduling is assessed by critical path method. Estimation is carried out using the Centre line method. The schedule and cost estimate shows the difference with respect to the actual time consumed to construct and expenses. Findings: The difference in schedule was the result of improper scheduling techniques and estimation procedures. The cost is increased by 25% due to increase in the time delay. The critical activity in the project is identified and crashed to decrease the duration and calculated the crash cost. The critical activity in the final stages of work is crashed heavily to reduce the time of capital investment locked in the project. Application/Improvements: The fuzzy logic optimizing technique was used to create correlation between time and cost with high opinion to the point of approval of the project manager.
Crash Cost, Fuzzy Logic, Line of Balance, Project Manager, Schedule, Satisfaction Level.
- Rahnamay Roodposhti F, Pakmaram A, Kamaly Alamdari B. Forecasting final schedule and cost of projects by using statistical and mathematical method. International Journal of Applied Operational Research. 2011; 1(3):105–15.
- Martin Skitmorea R, Thomas Ng S. Forecast models for actual construction time and cost. Building and Environment. 2003; 38:1075–83.
- Sathya Narayanan A, Suribabu CR. Multi-Objective optimization of construction project time-cost-quality trade-off using differential evolution algorithm. Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering. 2014; 8(4):375–92.
- Mohana Sundaram K, Senthil Kumar R, Krishnakumar C, Sugavanam KR. Fuzzy logic and firefly algorithm based hybrid system for energy efficient operation of three phase induction motor drives. International Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1–5. DOI:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i1/85762.
- Yamini K, Vasudha B, Sharma A, Ponnambalam P. Implementation of fuzzy logic controller for cascaded multilevel inverter with reduced number of components. International Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S2):278–83.
- Castro-Lacouture D, ASCE AM, Gürsel A. Süer, Gonzalez-Joaqui J, Yates JK. Construction project scheduling with time, cost, and material restrictions using fuzzy mathematical models and critical path method. Journal Of Construction Engineering And Management. 2009 Oct; 135(10):1096–104.
- Rajguru A, Mahatme P. Effective techniques in cost optimization of construction project: a review. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology. 2015 Mar; 4(3):464–68. eISSN: 2319-1163 | pISSN: 2321-7308.
- Nikoomaram H, Hosseinzadeh Lotfi F, Jassbi J, Shahriari MR. A new mathematical model for time cost trade-off problem with budget limitation based on time value of money. Applied Mathematical Sciences. 2010; 4:3107–19.
- Sangfeel K, Eunji S, KyungSik K, ByungSeop S. Design of fuzzy logic controller for inverted pendulum-type mobile robot using smart in-wheel motor. International Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(S2):187–96.
- Upadhyaya G, Dashore N. Fuzzy logic based model for monitoring air quality index. International Journal of Science and Technology. 2011; 4(3):215–8
- Bhushan RS, Srinivasa Raghavan V. Line of balance- A contractor friendly scheduling technique. Indian Journal Of Applied Research. 2013; 3(6):162–63.
- Siddesh K Pai, Verguese P, Rai S. Application of Line of Balance Scheduling Technique (LOBST) for an real estate sector. International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research. 2013; 2(1):82–95.
- Gonzalez J. Using fuzzy mathematical models for construction project scheduling with time, cost, and material restrictions. Russ College of Engineering and Technology of Ohio University; 2007.
- Elbeltagi E. Lecture notes on construction planning and scheduling. Mansoura University; 2012.
- Hildreth JC, Brian P. Munoz. Virginia Tech an Introduction to the management principles of scheduling. Virginia Department of Transportation; 2005.
- KuJha KN. Construction Project Management: Theory and Practice. Pearson Education, Delhi, India, 2011.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.