|Indian Journal of Science & Technology
Editor : Prof. Natarajan Gajendran Ph.D
Print ISSN : 0974-6846
Online ISSN : 0974-5645
Frequency : Weekly
Scimago ‘H’ Index : 18
IC Value : 5.02
Thomson Reuters "Web of Science"
Indian Journal of Science and Technology is published by Indian Society for Education and Environment and co-published by Informatics (India) Ltd. The journal now brings out weekly issues June 2015 onwards and brought out monthly publications since its inception in 2007. It supports the open access policy of making scientific research accessible to one and all.
Abstracted & Indexed in:
Chemical Abstracts Services (CAS); J-Gate Plus; Research Bible; EBSCO Publishing’s Electronic Databases, USA; DOAJ; Urlich’s Periodical Directory, USA; Indian Science Abstracts, India; Index Copernicus, Poland; ISI, Thomson Reuters (Web of Science).
The journal is addressed to both practicing professionals and researchers in the field of science and technology, professionals in academia, former researchers, students and other specialists interested in the results of scientific research and related subjects covered by the journal.
Peer Review Policy
Manuscripts submitted to the Indian Journal of Science and Technology are approved by the Editor-in-chief followed by formal peer review process conducted in collaboration with editorial board members and independent referees. The publisher encourages the authors and reviewers to use the electronic submission and peer-review system.
- The study presents the results of primary scholarly research.
- Results reported have not been published elsewhere.
- The research meets all applicable standards of ethics and research integrity.
- Experiments, statistics, and other analyses are performed to a high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail.
- Conclusions are presented in an appropriate fashion and are supported by the data.
- The article is presented in an intelligible fashion and is written in standard English.
Once the manuscripts have passed quality control, they are assigned to a member of the Editorial Board (or an expert who is not a member of the Board) for conducting the peer-review process and for making a decision to accept, invite revision of, or reject the article. Information for reviewers can be accessed here.
Editorial Publishing Policies
The following editorial and publishing policies apply to content the Indian Journal of Science and Technology.
- Publication Charges
- Open Access Agreement
- Submission of related manuscripts
- Corrections and Additions
- Publication Ethics
1. Publication Charges
- Fees and discounts. To provide open access, Indian Journal of Science and Technology uses a business model in which expenses including those of peer review, journal production, and online hosting and archiving are recovered in part by charging a journal-specific publication fee fee to the authors for each article they publish. Authors who have registered as a member in the Indian Society for Education and Environment will receive subscription waiver for a period of 1 year. Publication charge covers part of the handling expenses and thus entirely non-refundable. Publication charge does not bind the journal to be listed by a professional body or agency/ or being indexed in a database. regards
- Fee waivers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology offers a complete or partial fee waiver for authors who do not have access to funds to cover publication fees. Editors and reviewers have no access to payment information, and hence ability to pay or lack thereof will not influence the decision to publish a paper.
2. Open access agreement.
Upon submission of an article, the authors are asked to indicate their agreement to abide by an open access Creative Commons license (CC-BY). Under the terms of this license, authors retain ownership of the copyright of their articles. The license permits any user to download, print out, extract, reuse, archive, and distribute the article, so long as appropriate credit is given to the authors and source of the work. The license ensures that the authors' article will be available as widely as possible and that the article can be included in any scholarly archive.
3. Submission of Related Manuscripts
When submitting an article, all authors are asked to indicate that they do not have a related or duplicate manuscript under consideration (or accepted) for publication elsewhere. If related work has been submitted elsewhere, a copy must be included with the article submitted to Informatics (India) Ltd. Reviewers will be asked to comment on the overlap between related submissions.
4. Confidentiality & Privacy Statement
Editors and reviewers are required to treat all submitted manuscripts in strict confidence. The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
5. Corrections and Additions
Responsibility for the accuracy of content lies with the author(s) of the paper. Any corrections or updates to an article after publishing will be accepted at an additional charge of USD150/INR5000.
6. Publication Ethics
Authors are expected to be aware of, and comply with, best practice in publication ethics specifically with regard to authorship (for example avoidance of ghost or guest authorship), dual submission, plagiarism, manipulation of figures, competing interests and compliance with policies on research ethics.
Reviewers and Editors are required to treat manuscripts fairly and in confidence.
These guidelines are adapted from the PLoS ONE website (http://www.plosone.org), published under the Creative Commons Attribution License