Indian Journal of Science and Technology
Year: 2015, Volume: 8, Issue: 15, Pages: 1-5
D. Jagadeesan1*, S. Narayanan2 and G. Asha3
1 Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Sreenivasa Institute of Technology and Management Studies, Chittoor - 517127, Andhra Pradesh, India; [email protected]
2 Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Adhiparasakthi College of Engineering, Kalavai, Vellore District - 632 506, Tamil Nadu, India; [email protected]
3 Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, SCSVMV University, Kanchipuram - 631561, Tamil Nadu, India; [email protected]
*Corresponding author email: [email protected]
Objectives: To develop a new multipath load sharing algorithm using channels sensing, node energy level analysis and malicious node detection. It aims at finding an efficient load sharing technique that gives better throughput delivery, less delay and security for data transformation. Methods/Analysis: A channel sensing between the nodes is performed to measure the signal to noise ratio and reject the path if the noise strength is greater than the signal strength. Prior energy level analysis is done for consistent data transmission over a period of time without any interrupt. A watchdog timer method is adopted for malicious node identification and removal. Findings: The quality of service in MANETs has been improved such as throughput has been increased 15% and packet delivery ratio has been increased 20% and the overall delay has been minimized 27%. Conclusion/Application: We proposed an efficient best path selection load sharing algorithm, which involves channel sensing, node energy level analysis and malicious node removal for security concern.
Keywords: Attacks, Channel Awareness, Channel Sensing, Load Sharing, Malicious, Noisy Path
1. Tekaya M, Tabbane N, Tabbane S. Multipath routing with load balancing and QoS in Ad hoc Network. IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security. Aug; 10(8):280–6.
2. Rao PK, Vasundra S. Channel aware routing in MANETs with secure Hash Algorithm. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2012; 2(1):01–4.
3. Liao Y, Gibson JD. Routing-aware multiple description video coding over mobile ad-hoc networks. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia - TMM. 2011; 13(1):132–42.
4. Marina MK, Das SR. On-demand multipath distance vector routing in ad hoc networks. IEEE Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP); 2001 Nov. p. 14–23.
5. Kant K, Awasthi LK. Stable link based multicast routing scheme for MANET. IEEE Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN); 2010. p. 296–300.
6. Sharma B, Chugh S, Jain V. Investigation of adaptive multipath routing for load balancing in MANET. IJEAT; 2013 Jun; 2(5):65–71.
7. Patel M, Sharma S. Detection of malicious attack in MANET a behavioral approach. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Advance Computing Conference (IACC); 2013. p. 388–93.
8. Ramprabu G, Nagarajan S. Design and analysis of novel modified cross layer controller for WMSN. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar; 8(5):438–44.
9. Rajaram A, Palaniswami S. Malicious node detection system for mobile ad hoc networks.IJCSIT. 2010; 1(2):77–85.
10. Sharma R, Chanpreet Kaur C. Packet update scheme for prevention of blackhole attack in MANETs. Int J Adv Res Comput Sci Software Eng. 2013 Sep; 3(9):720–5.
11. Jhaveri RH, Patel AD, Parmar JD, Shah BI. MANET routing protocols and wormhole attack against AODV. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security. 2010 Apr; 10(4):12–8.
12. Elnour MEE, Abd Latif MS, Isnin IF. Coarse grain load balance algorithm for detecting similar regions in dna and proteins sequences. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 May; 7(5):589–99.
13. Pillai MJ, Sebastian MP, Madhukumar SD. Dynamic Multipath Routing for MANETs – A QoS Adaptive Approach. IEEE Third International Conference on Innovative Computing Technology (INTECH); 2013. p. 308–13.
Subscribe now for latest articles and news.