Indian Journal of Science and Technology
Year: 2019, Volume: 12, Issue: 18, Pages: 1-9
Safa Mohammed Elhassan Younis*
Faculty of Business, University of Jeddah, Al-Kamil Governoate Branch, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia; [email protected]
*Author for correspondence
Safa Mohammed Elhassan Younis
Faculty of Business, University of Jeddah, Al-Kamil Governoate Branch, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Email: [email protected]
Background/Objectives: The objectives of this study are as follows:
• To throw light on the concepts of economic empowerment of women.
• To know the reality of the economic empowerment of women in Al-Kamil Governorate and the obstacles it faces.
• Providing practical recommendations based on the results of the study supports the vision and direction of the Kingdom of 2030 in terms of achieving the highest rates of economic sustainability.
Methods/Statistical Analysis: Depends on the use of statistical analysis methods to identify and analyze the levels of economic empowerment of women in Al-Kamil Governorate. To achieve the above objectives, the present study is based on the following main hypothesis test: There are still obstacles to the economic empowerment of women in the province of Kamel. In this study, we relied on the use of descriptive and analytical descriptive methods to achieve research objectives. The required data were obtained by designing a questionnaire that represents the main source of data as it was distributed to the study population. This questionnaire consists of a single axis consisting of 15 paragraphs.
Findings: Two of main findings of this study can be illustrated in the following points:
• The results showed that there are obstacles to the economic empowerment of women in Al-Kamil Governorate. In contrast, there is a difference of views regarding the identification of obstacles and challenges facing women’s economic empowerment.
• Based on the results of the analysis, women are still facing difficulties in accessing resources and do not have control over them, which impedes their economic empowerment. Women’s ownership of resources is necessary to achieve their economic empowerment. Improvements/Applications: Reflect the reality of the economic empowerment of women in the study community and the measures that must be taken to enhance the empowerment of women in the governorate.
Keywords: Al Kamil Governorate, Empowering, Labor and SPSS
Subscribe now for latest articles and news.