Indian Journal of Science and Technology
Year: 2019, Volume: 12, Issue: 47, Pages: 1-6
Basam Hassan Aljewayed1,*, Nadeer Zaki Albaik2, Hussein Saleem Aljuwayed3, Faris Hassan Saleem Aljewayed4, Seraj Zaki Albaik5, Mohammed Abbas AlQarous2 and Jaffar Mohammed Alshorafa2
1 Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia; [email protected]
2 Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia; [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
3 Prince Sultan Military Medical City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; [email protected]
4 King Saud Medical City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; [email protected]
5 Salwa General Hospital, Dammam, Saudi Arabia; [email protected]
Background: Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is a crucial life-saving skill that should be taught to all members of the community. Objectives: To evaluate the knowledge, attitude, and practice about CPR and associated factors among laypersons. Materials and methods: A cross-sectional study that was done among layperson in Dammam, Riyadh, and Jeddah. Among 527 participants, 364 (69%) were male, and 163 (31%) were female. Most of our participants 472 (89.6%) did not receive CPR training while the remaining 55 (10.4%) received the CPR training. Results: Our results reveal that a significant correlation exists between education level and the CPR training received. The participants with a higher educational level are significantly higher among participants who received the training. Conclusions: Layperson CPR training rate in the study area (Dammam, Riyadh, and Jeddah) less common than in many developed countries.
Subscribe now for latest articles and news.